Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 24, 2024

Reading and Watching 'The Island of Dr. Moreau' from a 2024 Perspective?🌊🏝

Having just read/listened to H. G. Wells' book 'The Island of Dr. Moreau' and watched the two movies of the same name for the first time in my life, it seems rather creepy how far science has come from Wells' day to the year 2024, especially when I think back to 2019 posts I wrote, like this one -
The 1977 film was the better of the two films, but still somewhat unfaithful to the book, which is kind of ironic when we hear how unfaithful H.G. Wells was in his marital affairs:-)
I could just imagine Wells writing 'The Island of Dr. Epstein':-P
The 1996 movie was like watching a movie written by someone who had read the book and then licked a toad's back for the DMT trip and then wrote the screenplay. 
I'd recommend giving them a watch, if you have read the book, but watch them for free on the internet like I did on You Tube or one of the You Tube knockoff sites.
Whatever you do, don't follow
the white rabbit
in this movie>;-)
Apparently, the 1996 film was cursed according to this doco below that I watched.
Which just goes to show that sigils can backfire badly ... that's if they even work at all, right Gordo;-)
Well, that's one more book off my must-read list ... before I die:-)
Thank God that 'The Invisible Man' didn't make the list ... maybe just some oversight by the editors of 1001 Books ... ?-)
So many books and such little time to read them all, right?-)
H. G. Wells and The Time Machine?πŸ•š⏰πŸ•›
I just realized after listening to a free audiobook of 'The Island of Dr. Moreau' that I had bought the book from a secondhand bookstore months ago, plus I see that I have bought two copies of 'What Alice Forgot':-(
Alice isn't the only forgetful person, it seems:-)

UPDATE: February 7, 2024
I found this rather recent review in the You Tube above of the book and 3 movie versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment