Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 26, 2024

Norman Jewison/The End?πŸŽ₯πŸŽ¬πŸ‡

I see that
Norman Jewison passed away in 2024, but in the Year of the Rabbit end of 2024.
Jewison’s career defied easy categorization
Norman Frederick Jewison (July 21, 1926January 20, 2024) 
I'd be lucky if I've seen half of 
Norman Jewison's catalogue of films in my lifetime, but 'Fiddler on the Roof', 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and 'Rollerball' are some of my favourites.
And while I have written about 'In the Heat of the Night' before, I'm yet to watch it -
Foul Owl on the Prowl?
I have written about the song 'The Windmills of Your Mind', which featured in another one of his films, which I have not seen, called 'The Thomas Crown Affair' -
The Windmills of My Mind
And on an eerie synchromystic note, when I went to see Kate Ceberano's book talk at the end of last year, she was trying to remember the title of the song 'The Windmills of Your Mind' for some reason, and she has starred in the Australian stage musical of the 'Jesus Christ Superstar' movie.
What do they say about art and life again?-)
The Blank Canvas?πŸŽ¨πŸ–ŒπŸŽ­

No comments:

Post a Comment