Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 24, 2017

WALKING HOME (TO DENMARK?) #124 – CHRISTIANE SPANGSBERG

Just listened to an interesting podcast at the 'Walking Home' site with a Danish artist who I had not heard of before named Christane Spangsberg -
WALKING HOME #124CHRISTIANE SPANGSBERG
I thought it was interesting that at the start of the podcast Michael Donovan laughs at himself for butchering Chritiane's name and when I Google image searched for Chritiane's art I found a guy dressed like a butcher standing in front of her artwork.
Turns out that photo was about a restaurant in Sydney displaying Chritiane's paintings/drawings -
Welcome to the New Paddington Inn
I thought it was coincidental that the Little Mermaid in Denmark got paint bombed recently as the podcast came out.
I wrote about that attack on the Little Mermaid in this post -
Song to the Siren/Chase the Blues Away?
A blue Little Mermaid in
Copenhagen, Denmark
I kind of like this work pictured above, as to my cloud-watching eyes it looks like a guy following a white rabbit ... although I'm probably not even close to the meaning of the painting, but that's the way I'll view it until someone bursts my thought bubble. 
According to my AncestryDNA results 18% of my DNA is Danish/Scandinavian, which I pretty much knew anyway, as my mother's side of the family were from Denmark originally. 
Where the 19% Irish genes come from has me beat though.
Chritiane's work reminds me a lot of Matisse's work. 
I'm not sure if I like Chritiane's art better than Matisse's art, so I'll call it a draw;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment