Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 15, 2017

AncestryDNA? As Clear as Mud to Me

I spent over $170 (Australian dollars) to get my DNA tested at AncestryDNA thinking it would be cool to find out more about my origins, but I wish I had of looked at more information on the net before I spat in the tube and sent my money, because I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out just what it is they are telling me.
If nothing else, I found out 19% of my DNA is from Ireland when I thought I had zip.
At least having an Irish surname means a little more to me now, and I'll be drinking more Guinness next St.Patrick's Day to celebrate the fact(?).
But I was hoping to see how much Neanderthal DNA I had, but AncestryDNA don't tell you that in this test.
Doh!
And in Australia you don't get to see all that cool medical information about your DNA, well not through AncestryDNA at least.
I would have liked to know if my DNA would suggest I'll need a kidney transplant before next St. Patrick's Day festivities, or not, but I guess there's a 19% chance that my kidneys can take a good pickling;-)
Hey, I'm no scientist, but I'll drink to that.
So, if you are looking to get a DNA test done, do your homework before you send your cash, or you might feel ripped off and confused like me.
I should have gone with 23andMe, I think.
Since I was born on the 23rd of September:-)
Dispicable 23andME?!
I share the same birthday with Bruce Springsteen, but he is 15 years older.
Bruce Blasts BrizVegas

UPDATE: October 2020
Ancestry-JUNK-DNA?

2 comments: