Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

June 25, 2017

Sleepin’ in the Daytime (Words and Music)?

My view of Jimmy Webb's Brisbane show
last night at The Powerhouse 
I saw Jimmy Webb play the Brisbane Powerhouse last night and the thing is that I didn't even know he was in Australia until I listened to a podcast yesterday morning, which I was going to put off listening to until today, in which case I would have missed out on seeing Jimmy's show last night.
It was mentioned at the end of the pod-cast that Jimmy was playing the Brisbane Powerhouse on Saturday night.
Behind the cake and the rain: the life of Jimmy Webb
It was only because this feeling came over me yesterday that if I listened to the podcast a day later I would be sorry.
I heard Jimmy on Andras Jones' Radio8ball show in 2015 and it was one of my favourite shows on how the universe is a much deeper pool of thought that we are ALL swimming in and just how serendipitous not only songwriting is, but life in general is.
Andras' show is kind of based on the Magic 8 Ball principle where you are asking the universe/God force/whatever you want to call it for an answer to a question through picking a number from 1 to 8, which has a song that the guest doesn't know about attached to it.
In the show that Andras had Jimmy on, the eight songs were all ones that Jimmy had written.
JIMMY WEBB ON RADIO8BALL: FEBRUARY 02, 2015 WITH LISA JENIO, CHRIS “SANDMAN” SAND & JULIE CHRISTENSEN
It's funny how you can hear Jimmy's attitude change as the show goes along from one of being on another boring radio show to really getting into it on a WTF(?) level of surprise and enchantment as the hits keep rolling ... pardon the radio Top 40 jargon there.  
I liked when Chris "Sandman" Sand picks his own cover of 'The Highwayman' to answer his own question.
The Sandman is the mythical figure who puts you to sleep ... or into the subconscious realms, usually at night, which to me drew my attention to song #1 on the 8Ball list of songs for the show and made me think just how in most of our waking life it is still unconscious/subconscious forces which are really guiding our lives, even if we think otherwise.
When I listened to this show back in 2015 I never really knew who Jimmy Webb was and all the songs he had written, even though I was quite familiar with most of those songs having heard a lot of them before on the radio and records, etc.
To me Jimmy's song 'Sleepin' in the Daytime' was a great metaphor for how most great artists work, from digging into the unknown depths of their consciousness to the point that they don't really know what they are digging up from those depths, but that they like it and if someone really presses them on how they wrote a song, book or did a painting the artist really doesn't know how to explain it, because their conscious self only really channeled what their subconscious dictated to them.
My view of Jimmy Webb's Brisbane show
last night at
The Powerhouse 
I think it's the same for most song writers like Elizabeth Fraser, Tim and Jeff Buckley and even Paul McCartney and John Lennon.
They don't really know where those songs spring from and is why they can't really tell you what inspired them, because it's just as big a mystery to them as it is to anyone else who hears their songs that "they" wrote.
It was the domino effect of synchronicity that led me to Jimmy's Brisbane concert, which I would have missed if it wasn't for those events occurring at the right time in my life.
I had only started listening to the 'Conversations' with Richard Fidler podcast this week, because I had started reading his book 'Ghost Empire'.
Exploring Byzantium, the World of Ghost Empire
I had only started reading 'Ghost Empire' (which I had sitting in my bookshelf from last year after buying it after stumbling across Richard's talk at the 'Byron Bay Writers Festival') because I saw the film 'Kedi', because I stumbled across a movie review of the movie in a paper I wasn't even going to read.
Kedi
I think that's what's called synchronicity, but you can call it BS if you don't believe me ... still the results are the same whatever you want to call it.
And when I booked my tickets yesterday morning on the net, there was only two tickets left.
Fate, or dumb luck?
I found it a really magical night being there and I knew that I was meant to be there on the night and I was grateful to the universe for guiding me there.
More about the night at the powerhouse in later posts, but for now it's time for me to sleep.
Good night and productive life dreams to you all ... hopefully with no highwaymen chasing you involved;-)
The entrance to the Brisbane Powerhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment