Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 21, 2022

What Ever Happened to a TED Talk Being 18 Minutes Long?

Molly Wright, one of the youngest-ever TED speakers
I'm currently reading (still) the book 
'Timekeepers' by Simon Garfield in-between other books that I'm also currently reading.
Timekeepers
And in one section of the book Simon writes about the rules surrounding TED talks and about a talk Simon gave for a TED rival talk format where the organizer of those talks wanted to make his talks shorter by one minute.
I included the You Tube of Simon's NOT TED talk in a blog-post I wrote about Simon's book on timekeeping and letter writing and I like how Simon even read a letter written by TED Hughes to his daughter Frieda -
The Lost Art of Writing Letters and Communicating with One Another?
10 Ways to Prepare for a TED Style Talk
So I was surprised that when I saw a story written in my local newspaper about a local young lady who is the youngest speaker so far to give a TED talk and it was only a little over 7 minutes long.
I guess there is a message here for all of us when it comes to communication in this day and age:-)
Try giving your kids that kind of attention when they hit the teenage years:-)
But what would I know, Wright?
Yep?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment