Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 4, 2022

The Hindsight of Space and Time?

The day my father officially died
My INNIS t-shirt
I was reading through an old 2013 blog post the other day about my friend Kevin Halcott from the band
INNIS (It's Not Night It's Space) and how Deepak Chopra re-tweeted a Tweet Kevin had written about his mother - 
"The Voyageur is an Extension of Self. Some Part of Us Just Left the Solar System."
I only just realized when re-reading that post and seeing the date that I had posted it that my own father would die pretty much 3 years to the day in 2016.
And I couldn't help thinking of the night not long after my father had died how I spent the night observing the planet Saturn through an observatory telescope when the clouds parted that night when I was staying in a motel nearby -
This year's wall calendar is as big as a newspaper
I could only get the biggest Chinese Wall Calendar this year 
That was a very special night for me as I gazed out into space pondering the strangeness of life and death ... and it has only gotten stranger since then in hindsight I think.
And on the subject of Deepak Chopra I was watching the You Tube above where Theresa Cheung tells Sandie her
"Best 10 Spirital Books" and one of Deepak' s were included in her ten books, but she tips a bucket of criticism over his head when she recounts the time Theresa tried to interview Deepak on her podcast show and he was not impressed when she had muted his part of the interview out accidentally:-)
I also thought it was interesting that Theresa was born on April 8th, as was my father:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment