Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 25, 2022

The Art of Food and Saving Time?

I was on the phone to my mother recently when she told me she was going grocery shopping with my brother and if I wanted anything from the shops and I said to just grab me a few cans of tomato soup, as some nights I only feel like a light dinner and a can of soup with a slice of sourdough bread and a glass of wine makes a nice quick and satisfying supper sometimes, rather than cooking myself some fancy meal that creates a heap of washing up afterwards.
I don't understand this cooking craze that seems to give bored people something to do to take their minds off lock-down.
I can cook up some pretty good dishes if I want to, but that's just it, I don't want to when I can cook something simple and personally satisfying with minimal washing up to boot.
And it saves me time, so I can watch more movies and read in the evening.
But then again, I do live by myself, so I can please myself with what I do, cook or eat:-)
Revolver/Timekeepers?
That's the secret to a happy life I think -
I listened recently to
Adam Duritz tell Bob Saget how he was into making his own sushi, as well as cooking other fancy dishes, and I thought ... why, don't you have better things to do with your time Adam?
Sushi: The Japanese dish with an ancient tradition
I was surprised to learn from listening to a recent BBC podcast that sushi actually originated in China, which makes my old post about eating sushi at a Chinese Buddhist temple make more sense to me -
The Year of the Horse
So much to eat, cook, watch and read ... and so little time before
the lights go out it seems?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment