Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 21, 2022

I SAW SCREAM at the Drive-in, Because I Felt Safer?

Last Sunday night at the drive-in was a SCREAM:-)
I wrote about thinking about seeing the new 'SCREAM' movie at the drive-in in my post about seeing the poster for the movie after coming out of the cinema after seeing 'West Side Story' with my youngest son -
The Big Picture and The Last Picture Show?
At least at the drive-in you don't have to wear a mask all through the movie like you have to at the cinema right now ... unless you happen to be in a session all by yourselves, like we were when seeing 'West Side Story':-)
The Big Picture: Scream
I hadn't been to the drive-in since the cinemas shut down when Covid 19 hit the world in 2020 and only the drive-in was allowed to stay open under strict social distancing rules -
I'm not a SCREAM fan, so I had to watch those "ending explained" videos to find out what the first four movies were all about, even though I had seen the first one on a VHS rental when it first came out at the rental stores, but it was forgettable trash to me.
My son is more into those movies than I am, but I found this latest one interesting as more of a pop-cultural study of this popular franchise and couldn't help thinking how much the latest Matrix movie tried doing a SCREAM piss-take on itself.
My only mistake in watching the "ending explained" you tubes was the first one I watched was the new 'Scream' movie, not the first one like I thought I was about to watch and that one started with telling me who the killer/s were.
Doh!
SPOILER ALERT!
I thought it was ironic that the movie playing in the field before 'Scream' was 'Ghostbusters: Afterlife' (which we didn't see) and that I took a shot of the screen near the end of 'Scream' with the almost full moon in the sky over the screen covered by eerie looking clouds which made the moon look like a floating ghost:-) 
But who was I gonna call?-)
Spirit Materialization with Leslie Kean ... WHO Ya Gonna Call?

No comments:

Post a Comment