Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 4, 2023

Far from the Madding Crowd?⛪πŸ‘πŸŒ

I read
Thomas Hardy's novel 'Far from the Madding Crowd' (well, listened to it being read) after watching the 2015 film adaption starring 
Carey Mulligan, which I mentioned in this recent post -
I Listened to Around the World in 80 Days in 1 Day?🌍🌎🌏
I think the book is much better than the movie in filling in the blanks and fleshing out the minor characters.
The movie was OK, but I would advise reading the book beforehand.
Far from the Madding Crowd
(1967)
I then watched the 1967 film adaption and thought that version was closer to the novel than the 2015 version.
I used to fantasize about owning a small farm in my youth, but to me now it sounds like a nightmare.
And especially after seeing the movie
'Pearl' a few weeks back and watching the piglet scenes ... not that I eat pig anyway.
The last time I can recall watching a movie with a main character named Bathsheba was 'The Conjuring';-)
Not that I'm much fonder of living in the city, either:-)

Scream VI in New York ... and Australia?πŸ’€πŸ˜±
I gave the 2015 'Far from the Madding Crowd' DVD away on Sunday along with my 'The Rosie Effect' book -
The Rosie Effect?πŸ“–πŸŒΉ

No comments:

Post a Comment