Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 19, 2023

In Our Time: Tolstoy?⏰πŸ’€πŸ‘»

I recently listened to the above 2002 BBC radio broadcast which aired on ANZAC Day nearly 21 years ago and thought that discussion is even more relevant in 2023 -
April 25th: Lest We Forget?🌍🌎🌏
I've just finished reading 'Anna Karenina' and must say while I'm glad I read what some say is the "greatest novel ever written", I would have to disagree with them on that statement, as I thought 'War and Peace' was far the better novel of the two, not that I would even rank that book as the "greatest novel ever written", either.
All the main characters in the book are either trying to kill themselves, or seriously thinking about doing it in 'Anna Karenina' it seems.
Anna Karenina is Claimed by Many to be the World's Greatest Novel?!πŸ“šπŸš†
Still, they are nevertheless very good novels, which are worth the marathon reads/listen, even though I found them both slogs to get through, especially 'Anna Karenina'.
I have one more book of Tolstoy's on my reading list and thank God it is only a 50-page novella this time.
But first I'll be listening to 'Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ' being read to me, after I watch the 1959 and silent 1925 movies based on the book, as I mentioned in this recent post -
JERUSALEM ... Another Long Book I Must Read Before I Die?πŸš‚πŸ‘»
I've never watched the Charlton Heston movie before in my life ... nor the 1925 movie, but I like the idea of a myth about (what I consider) a myth becoming part of pop-culture;-)
Charlton Heston would have turned 100 years old this year if he was still alive -
Soylent ... Life After Food?
Warren Peace (War and Peace;-) and Other Great Books to Read in the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ’£☮πŸ•ŠπŸ‡πŸ°
I couldn't help but think of the Monopoly board game while listening to the above chapter 11 in Part 6 of 'Anna Karenina', especially when Tolstoy writes about the railways.
The Original Monopoly Game Board is Based on Atlantic City?πŸ’°πŸ§πŸ’Έ

No comments:

Post a Comment