Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 10, 2023

Spirituality Battles Depression?πŸ˜’πŸ˜”πŸ˜‡

I'm not a religious person, but I'm certainly not an atheist either.
Probably an agnostic if I had to label myself in religious terms but leaning to a believer in "God" more than an unbeliever.
That's not to say I believe in the man-made mythical parts of religious beliefs, either.
Professor Lisa Miller in the above You Tubes makes a good augment about spiritual practice and belief being good for your "mental health", I think.
Although I think "mental health" can be damaged when it comes to dogmatic beliefs in religious fundamentalist beliefs in an eternal hell, which I certainly don't subscribe to, although I do believe in karma.
I saw the movie 'The Pope's Exorcist' yesterday, which is meant to be based on the stories of a real life Catholic priest named Father Gabriele Amorth, who on a personally ironic note I see passed away on the day of my own father's funeral.
Having watched the You Tube below, where Father Gabriele performed his last exorcism on his birthday of May the 1st, I'm sure he is sincere in his beliefs, but some of the things I have read he is quoted as saying are rather ridiculous to my thinking.
Not to say there isn't a baby in the bathwater in what he says, but some of his opinions are just plain stupid in my book.
I found the 'How to Academy Mindset' podcast when looking for You Tubes featuring Alan Moore when I was writing my last post -
JERUSALEM ... Another Long Book I Must Read Before I Die?πŸš‚πŸ‘»
The Pope's Exorcist (2023)
The movie was like someone put the scripts of
'The Exorcist'(1973)and 'The Conjuring' movies into a blender and wrote the script from what came out of that blend.
I found the movie about as realistic as I found 'The Conjuring' movies, which is to say more fantasy than truth -
The Pope's Exorcist?⛪πŸ“ΏπŸ£πŸ°
Saturday night I had a 'Seven Hills of Roma' pizza from a local pizza shop, where the tomatoes are meant to represent the hills.
I only bought the 'Seven Hills of Roma' pizza because it had no ham on it, which when I saw the fate of the pig in the opening of 'The Pope's Exorcist' I thought was a wise decision:-)
And since me and my son were going to see the movie where we saw
'Scream VI' last week I dropped off a few somewhat Easter and Year of the Rabbit themed movies and books, as well as one starring Russell Crowe (I notice Good Friday this year was Russell's birthday), at the book exchange I wrote about in this recent post -
The Rosie Effect?πŸ“–πŸŒΉ
"Windswept House describes a satanic ritual – the enthronement of Lucifer – taking place at Saint Paul's Chapel inside Vatican City, on June 29, 1963 "[The Year of the Water Rabbit].
I noticed most of the books and DVDs I dropped off the weeks before were gone, but 'The Rossie Effect' was still on the shelf.
I'm now reading 'The Rosie Result', which I wouldn't be yet if I hadn't had found the second book of the trilogy at that book exchange a few weeks ago -

No comments:

Post a Comment