Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 15, 2023

The Original Monopoly Game Board is Based on Atlantic City?πŸ’°πŸ§πŸ’Έ

I've never been a big fan of the game of
Monopoly to be honest, even though I used to play it with friends and family years ago.
I can't ever remember a game being finished properly though, as players would either get caught cheating off the bank, or other players would gang up in conspiracy to beat a player who was winning or bragging about winning.
I'm not a capitalist or communist when it comes to monetary systems, but somewhere in between both extremes.
Which is pretty much how my home country of Australia operates economically anyway, I think.
Game of Life or Monopoly?-)
In Australia we grew up playing the English version of Monopoly, which was based on the streets of London, not some American city.
I would have thought the original American version was based on New York or Chicago, rather than Atlantic City.
But to my surprise when reading through the book I just finished reading a couple of weeks back, Atlantic City was the original city the game was based on -
The McDonald's Monopoly Fraud?πŸ’°πŸ’ΈπŸ€‘
My
Monopoly scratch-it was a loser, which after watching 'McMillions' on the Binge streaming service didn't really surprise me:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment