Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 20, 2023

Kenneth Anger Was Born in the Year of the Rabbit ... Just?πŸ‡πŸŽ¬πŸ°πŸŒ‘πŸŒž

I stumbled across the 
'Red Room' podcast this morning when searching for a free audio reading of August Strindberg' s novel 'The Red Room' published in 1879, the Year of the Rabbit>;-)
JERUSALEM ... Another Long Book I Must Read Before I Die?πŸš‚πŸ‘»
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'
The latest 'Red Room' podcast episode was about Kenneth Anger's book 'Hollywood Babylon', which I have read and used to own, before I gave it away to a secondhand bookstore recently>;-)
"The book's 1975 [the Year of the Rabbit] edition featured graphic images such as the scene of the traffic accident that killed Jayne Mansfield, a photograph of Carole Landis after her suicide, images of director and screenwriter Paul Bern following his suicide, a photograph of Lewis Stone as he lay dying on a sidewalk, and uncensored images of the Black Dahlia's corpse."
Once Upon a Time in HOLLYWOODLAND?
Kenneth Anger (born February 3, 1927)
I couldn't help noticing that Kenneth Anger was born just one day into the 1927, Luna New Year of the Rabbit.
Russi Taylor: Once Upon a Time in Disneyland ... and Hollywood?
I don't know why Jenny Claffy reminds me of Jennifer Connelly for some reason?-)
Jennifer Connelly
 Jenny Claffy
Maybe it's the green eyes?-)
The Betty & Barney Hill Case, American Cosmic: UFOs, Religion, & Technology?
Red Room is now available
through
redroompod.com
Berns Salonger interior, 2011 (the Year of the Rabbit)
The Red Room (Strindberg novel)
"A young idealistic civil servant, Arvid Falk, leaves the drudgery of bureaucracy to become a journalist and author. As he explores various social activities—politics, publishing, theatre, philanthropy, and business—he finds more hypocrisy and political corruption than he thought possible. He takes refuge with a group of "bohemians", who meet in a red dining room in Berns Salonger to discuss these matters."
I wasn't going to read 'The Red Room', but I'll give it a listen to after I get through reading/listening to 'Ben Hur' now ... if I have the time that is;-)
In Our Time: Tolstoy?⏰πŸ’€πŸ‘»
Adolf Hitler
(20 April 1889 – 30 April 1945)
Oh, and being part Jewish myself it's not lost on me that today is Hitler's birthday.
So, I guess you know how I feel about that?-)
The Wizard of Oz came out in 1939,
 the
Year of the Rabbit>;-)

1 comment: