Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 15, 2023

A Tooth Fairy-Story?🦷🧚

My broken tooth with
my old silver filling
Last Monday night I was chewing on some gum and felt like I was chewing on little stones between my teeth.
Turns out it was my tooth when I spat the gum out and examined it.
I haven't been to a dentist since I was a kid and had four silver fillings put in what was then my furthest back teeth.
I was on the phone the next day to my brother to ask him for a loan of some money if I could get a dentist appointment during the week to fix my tooth and he told me he was booked in to see his dentist to have his tooth fixed, because he was chewing on some hard chocolate and broke a tooth the same day I had been chewing on the chewing gum and discovered part of my tooth in it.
My repaired tooth
Turns out it was a similar filled tooth to mine, but on the other side of his mouth.
His cost $309 dollars to fix and mine cost $319 to fix.
When I went to his dentist and they asked me to fill out a form, one of the questions was how long since you have been to the dentist?
I wrote "about 46 years", as the dentist who filled my childhood teeth (and my brother's teeth) has been dead for many years.
A lot has changed since I have been to the dentist (especially the price tags).
There was even a TV on the ceiling for patients to watch to take their mind off the dental work going on around them.
And ironically this show
above was playing on a free to air local TV channel as I was having my tooth worked on.
A show about an artist and Luna Park in Melbourne with the big grinning mouth of the Luna Park entrance smiling down at me nearly every time I could catch a glance of the TV screen:-)   
Life can be painfully funny at times ... especially on the hip pocket:-(
Looks like my old paranoid mate Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' blog was right about jaws dropping in 2023:-) -
Down 'The Secret Sun Institute' Rabbit Hole and Jaws Will Drop in 2023?πŸ‡πŸ¦ˆπŸ•³πŸ°

No comments:

Post a Comment