Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 9, 2023

JERUSALEM ... Another Long Book I Must Read Before I Die?πŸš‚πŸ‘»

I wrote a recent post about the 'Anna Karenina' actor Gyles Isham playing the Tolstoy character Levin in that 1935 movie and how he was born and died in the Year of the Rabbit, but he was also from Alan Moore's hometown of Northhampton, which was the town Moore based his 1,200 page novel 'Jerusalem' on -
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
Jerusalem is not one of the books in '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' (because it was printed after that book), but it's one book I would like to have a go at reading in my lifetime.
I'll be lucky to live through reading/listening to 'Anna Karenina' first ... but I am on track to tackle Moore's book further down the line if I live long enough;-)
Ironically,
Moore's book looks bigger than Ben Hur, as they say, and the next book from 
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' I plan on reading/listening to after I finish reading 'Anna Karenina' is Lew Wallace's 'Ben-Hur: A Tale of the Christ';-)

No comments:

Post a Comment