Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 28, 2023

The Life and Death of August Strindberg?πŸ’€πŸ‘»

Having just read
'The Red Room' (well, listened to it being read to me through a free Apple Podcast recording) I have to say that I found listening to the book quite tedious until I hit the last 3rd of the book, especially chapters 24 (On Sweden) and 28 (From Beyond the Grave), which made me think, maybe I'll have to give it another read/listen to at some future point in my life ... if I live lon
g enough;-)
Kenneth Anger Was Born in the Year of the Rabbit ... Just?πŸ‡πŸŽ¬πŸ°πŸŒ‘πŸŒž
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'
Published in 1879, the Year of the Rabbit?
Chapter 24 - On Sweden
Chapter 28 - From Beyond the Grave
"The Red Room (Swedish: RΓΆda rummet) is a Swedish novel by August Strindberg that was first published in 1879. A satire of Stockholm society, it has frequently been described as the first modern Swedish novel. In this novel, Strindberg reflects his own experiences of living in poverty while writing this novel during February to November 1879. While receiving mixed reviews in Sweden, it was acclaimed in Denmark, where Strindberg was hailed as a genius."
August Stridberg was a very interesting person I think, after reading his Wikipedia page.
Having also just read/listened the short book 
'The Death of Ivan Ilyich' of Tolstoy's, I couldn't help seeing Strindbreg's life and work through that life lens.
In Our Time: Tolstoy?⏰πŸ’€πŸ‘»
The next book on my reading list is Henry James 'The Portrait of a Lady'.
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸš«

No comments:

Post a Comment