Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 28, 2023

The LIFE and HeART of Thomas Hardy's Work?

Having recently read
Thomas Hardy's novel 'Far from the Madding Crowd' and with more of his books to read on my '1001 Books to Read Before I Die' list, I was actually more fascinated by his real-life story, than his fiction and poetry.
I've tried to get into poetry, but it's just not my thing -
Poetry and the Gift of Forgetting?
Framed heART for sale on 'The Burrow' wall behind me
The funny thing was the day I was giving away my 'Far from the Madding Crowd' DVD and various other books and DVDs there was a framed heart behind my head on the wall of 'The Burrow' and I couldn't help thinking of how Thomas Hardy's heart was removed from his body when he died and placed in the grave of his two dead wives, while his body was placed in Poets Corner.
The Rosie Effect?πŸ“–πŸŒΉ
This framed heart on the wall (above) wasn't here the day I first ate here and had the book 'Saved by a Poem' to give away -
'1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'
In Our Time: Thomas Hardy's Poetry
A Birthday Poem for Thomas Hardy by Cecil Day-Lewis
Emily BrontΓ« by Cecil Day Lewis
I found a book of poetry by Cecil Day Lewis on my bookshelf I forgot I had purchased secondhand from Amazon over the internet years ago and was surprised to find a poem of Lewis' dedicated to Thomas Hardy and one dedicated to Emily Bronte.
Going by the bookmark I found in the book I must have got it from Mary Ward Books.
It's a small ... but madding world it seems;-)
Far from the Madding Crowd?⛪πŸ‘πŸŒ

No comments:

Post a Comment