Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 2, 2023

'Barbenheimer' Draws Backlash in Japan Over Inflammatory Nuclear Memes?🍀😑🦐🍣

The United States
dropped the world's first atomic bomb on Hiroshima on August 6, 1945, destroying the city and killing 140,000 people.
It dropped a second bomb three days later on Nagasaki, killing another 70,000
Opening scene from 'Back to the Future'
A watch found at Ground Zero, 
Hiroshima
Back to the Future: The Massive Speaker is Meant to be the Bomb that was Dropped on Hiroshima at 8:15

UPDATE: August, 2023
An Australian cinema chain sent me this email yesterday promoting the Barbenheimer meme.
And while I do get how it would be insensitive to Japanese people, I don't think the studios and cinemas are celebrating the bombs being dropped on Japan in August.
Most people I know, including myself, are appalled that humans would drop a bomb, never mind two, on a city full of humans and try to justify it afterwards, as if there was no choice.
While I have seen 'Barbie' and probably will again at the cinema, I'm yet to see 'Oppenheimer', but I plan on seeing it sometime next week, probably on Wednesday, not to celebrate the destruction of Nagasaki at the end of WWII, but unfortunately that is the only day my youngest son can see it at the cinema with me, due to work commitments.

No comments:

Post a Comment