Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

August 5, 2023

Fate: The Astrology of Vettius Valens and the Life of Ritchie Valens?๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ”ฎ

Would astrology have saved Ritchie Valens from getting on that plane with Buddy and the Big Bopper on Groundhog Day in 1959?
SHWEP Episode 89:
The Astrology of Vettius Valens
Personally, I'm a fatalist and believe that you can't outrun your fate no matter who tells you that you can, like some fans of astrology tell you.
I'm with Vettius Valens when it comes to astrology, which is why I don't bother with astrology all that much ... especially when it comes to making decisions that I wasn't going to make anyway.
But since I don't know what my fate is, I live my life like I do have a choice:-)
I believe that if you can outrun your fate, then it was never your fate in the first place and the astrologer/psychic got it WRONG in the first place, guiding you to your "real" fate:-)
"Deciding that the traditional religion was useless, he [Vettius Valens] found in fate a substitute religion. For him absolute determination gave emotional satisfaction and aroused an almost mystical feeling. Knowing that everything was already predetermined gave one a sense of freedom from anxiety and a sense of salvation."

No comments:

Post a Comment