Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 13, 2023

Love Stories on the Scarlett Road?πŸš—πŸ’•

When I bought my secondhand copy of Trent Dalton's 'Love Stories' there were two chapters marked with pink fluro strips stuck on the book pages, one was a chapter titled 'Naomi' and the other I forget, as I took the markers off in case someone thought I had marked them for my own sentimental reasons.
But I found a postcard for a local band I hadn't heard of before named 'Scarlett Road' and placed it in the 'Naomi' chapter as a reading goal to hit and to look back over the chapters to see why this chapter was so special to the last owner.
When I did hit that chapter and read it, I had no idea why this chapter was so special compared to the other chapters I had read to get there.
But I found it ironic that on page 202 it was written that "Jack's life was like a road that's meant to stretch on for eighty more years or so, but sometimes it feels like the world wants Jack to bitumen that road and paint white lines down the middle of it all in the space of the next six months. But that's all good because he knows love. That's all good because she is the girl on the side of the road with her thumb out, saying , "Who the f#ck knows where this thing goes, but let's just go there together."
Then Jack tells Trent his favourite song is 'Here It Goes Again' by 'OK Go' who are seen dancing on treadmills in the music clip to the song.
I couldn't help hearing 'Talking Heads' song 'Road to Nowhere' when I watched the clip.
I was also thinking 'Scarlett Road' should work a cover version of the 'Talking Heads' song into their shows:-)
One more for the road, maybe?-)
Now I had this post written up ready to post and then I wondered why I had written it after I read through it, thinking where is the synchronicity in all that and why did I feel compelled to write that post that kind of went nowhere?
Then as I was contemplating on trashing the post, I read a comment by Dan McGuire on the last post I had written called -
Conspiracy vs. Synchronicity?🌍🌎🌏
Where he mentioned the song
'Let the Mystery Be' sung by a country music singer named Iris Dement.
I had not heard of the song or the singer before reading Dan's comment, but it struck me as weird that Jack mentions his girlfriend Naomi having different colour irises right at the start of that chapter, a green and a brown one. 
Then I found the same song on You Tube being sung by David Byrne of 'Talking Heads' and now my post did have the missing sync I was looking for and I decided to post it with this modified ending:-)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Brizz! Glad I could help? πŸ˜‚ I checked my Twitter from my Knowles interview and sure enough, Gordon on there... I've no offense about you being older, it's more an American issue I reckon, this Gen X vs Boomer vs Millennials junk. I owed you a big one, you basically introduced me to Daniel Johnston, and talk about a missing piece.....wow!! Anyway, Cheers from NC vie good old US of Anger...at least these days. And I couldn't agree more over "Someone's" infatuation over that shy, little Cocteau singer.... I'd enjoy chatting with her myself, poor woman. It isn't like her life has been rosey, but who's life truly is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really take offence when it comes to the "Baby Boomer" BS people like Knowles and Gordo seem to take seriously, as to me it's all a laugh with their scapegoating rants.
      The generations always blame the ones before, as it has always been going way, way back down the family tree/s.
      When the "Baby Boomers" are all gone it will be their turn to be blamed for the state the world is in then.

      Delete
  2. That's right Dan, it would be just as easy to spin the MKULTRA spotlight around and place Chris Knowles right in it with all of his posts about his family military connections and not to mention him growing up in Boston where the movie 'Spotlight' takes place ;-)
    Not that I believe he is an MKULTRA puppet any more than "The Sybil" is, but if I was a lawyer or weirdo paranoid blogger, I'm sure I could make up a pretty good case against him :-)

    ReplyDelete