Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 22, 2023

Halloween Archetypes - The Cackling Witch and the Bubbling Cauldron?πŸ•ΈπŸŽƒ

I like listening to Mike Strange's show when I want to listen to something light when doing the housework or late at night in bed when trying to drift off to sleep without worrying about missing something I really wanted to listen to.
And I have to say that being an Australian, Halloween traditions are not something we are used to when living in Australia unless we watch American movies and TV shows, although the supermarkets here are pushing the American holiday literally down our throats in October every year recently -
Australians are being urged to buy pineapples
 instead of pumpkins this halloween
Mmm ... gingerbread spider webs:-P
I even bought a plastic cauldron and some treats, so I'll have something besides my car keys to give kids who come knocking at my front door on October 31st;-)
And on the subject of witches, I wish The National Theatre would screen their play 'The Crucible' on Australian cinema screens in October, as I missed it when they screened it earlier this year.
National Theatre Live: The Crucible (2023)
Not that I'm into witchcraft, I just want to see a play that my old Sharkie supporter mate Brendan Cowell was in.
Erin Doherty and Brendan Cowell are set to star
in the
National’s new production of The Crucible
Which reminds me that my yearly Sharks membership is due this week, even though I also have a life football club membership, as well.
Brendan Cowell in the NT Live production of The Crucible
Oh well, the play is on my "bucket list" to see at the cinema if they screen it again in the future.
Or should I say my "cauldron list"?-)
Maybe making some "spirit fingers" in the air would help me to manifest that wish?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment