Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 5, 2023

The Art of Reading and Synchronicity? πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸŽ¨πŸŽ­

Trent Dalton's book launch last night
in
Brisbane from my point of view
I had to drop into the
Logan City Council building to modify my rates notice details yesterday and since I was there, I decided to visit the art gallery and see what exhibitions were on.
The lady on the front desk handed me a slip of printed paper and a pencil and asked if I wanted to vote for which artwork I liked the most.
I tried to shake her off by telling her I know next to nothing about art, but I do know what I like.
Her persistance paid off though and I agreed to write which piece of art appealed to me the most, which meant I had to spend more time there than I wanted to, but I told her that I had to hurry as my son had bought me a ticket to Trent Dalton's book launch that night at the Southbank Piazza
PLUM Love Stories? πŸ’“πŸ’‘πŸ’˜πŸ’”πŸ–€
And the weird thing was that the artwork which appealed to me the most was by an artist named Teagan Dalton
I'm a sucker for red string and fate -
How Long is a Red Piece of String?
But it was a hard discission decision to make, as there were other artworks I really liked as well, such as this one above and below by Taylah May.
Which reminded me of my walk through a David Lynch painting years ago, although not on the same scale -
My Walk Through a David Lynch Painting
The funny thing was I had no idea that Trent Dalton was going to set each chapter of his book up with an artwork and a gallery tag explaining what the art piece was about.
I did know there was going to be illustrations throughout the book, but I thought they would be small prints above the chapter title from what I had read, but when I got the book as we entered the venue last night, I was surprised that it was set up like a walk through an art gallery.
Trent Dalton's book launch last night
in 
Brisbane from my point of view
And the more I look through my photos from yesterday at the Logan Art Gallery and my 'Lola in the Mirror' book illustrations, the more I think these artworks (the book and the student art in the gallery) blend together.
Trent even had Waveney Yasso sing a few songs before he hit the piazza stage last night, including one called 'Breathe'.
Jem Cassar-Daley last night
I was telling my youngest son last night when I heard Trent talking about his father being played by Simon Baker in the upcoming Netflix series of 'Boy Swallows Universe' and when I saw Jem Cassar-Daley closing the night with a few songs, how I went to see Simon Baker's movie 'Breath' at the New Farm Cinemas a few years back with his brother because I thought Simon was going to be personally there for a Q & A screening of the movie, but it turned out to be just Simon being asked questions by some PR guy in a pre-recorded message before they rolled the movie, but I ran into Troy Cassar-Daley before the movie started, as I was waiting for my son to show up and he was waiting for his wife to show up, and they ended up watching the movie in the seats in front of us -
The Six Degrees and Synchromysticism of Simon Baker?

No comments:

Post a Comment