Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 19, 2023

Blade Runner and "The Eye of Orwell"? πŸ‘πŸ‘€

Eye I bought the 2007 Final cut of 'Blade Runner' this week, because I started reading P.K. Dick's 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' and wanted to know the differences between the book and the movie, as I hadn't seen the movie for many years and I'm sure I only saw the '82 theatrical version with the annoying voice overs by Deckard.
What Happened During 2-3-74?πŸ€·πŸ¦‰
I could have hired the movie for $2.99, but at $7.99 I decided to buy it, which turned out to be a good decision for me, because that package comes with a few voiceover commentaries, including one by the director himself, which I found enlightening from a 2023 synchromystic perspective, as the movie starts off in November 2019, and we all know now what was about to hit in 2020 don't we?
Not that I believe Covid 19 was deliberately released into the world from the Chinese lab it probably did escape from, but Big Pharma did make a killing, while cleaning up that spill ... and still is to this day.
Ridley says the eye at the start of the movie represents to him the all-seeing eye, or "The Orwell Eye" and says he thought the world in 2019 would be imperialist and run by either 3, 2 or 1 big corporations.
Is All Contemporary Non/Fiction Speculative Fiction?
I have only read the first three chapters of Dick's novel so far, but I am impressed by the differences between the movie and his novel and can already see that they are too different stories already.
Dick may have been insane, but I like the way his mind worked when writing these stories ... or should I say didn't work?-)
Maybe
James Tunney has a point when it comes to Dick's work?

No comments:

Post a Comment