Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 11, 2023

Platonism, Ancient Gnosticism and the "Fear Economy"?πŸ§ πŸ’­πŸ’€πŸ‘»πŸ˜‡πŸ‘Ί

Not that I'm into Gnostic beliefs like the guys at the 'Talk Gnosis' podcast, but I like hearing what they think they believe in.
The latest 'Talk Gnosis' podcasts are about the mythistory of Platonism, which I found interesting having bought a copy of Plato's 'Republic' at the new Riverbend bookstore in Brisbane yesterday before seeing the movies 'The Creator' and 'The Exorcist: Believer' at the cinemas up the road.
The Art of Reading and Synchronicity? πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸŽ¨πŸŽ­
The old and now closed Riverbend bookstore
Books That Are Still Changing the World?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸŒ
The old Riverbend bookstore was bought by the owners of the 'Avid Reader' bookstore and was moved up the road closer to the Brisbane riverbend ironically.
Still Following the White Rabbit?
Why did the booklover cross the road?-)
 'The Creator' I thought was well worth a watch, if you are into Blade Runner/Pinocchio/Star Wars type fantasy AI/puppet movies, but 'The Exorcist: Believer' is as bad as the 'Rotten Tomatoes' reviews suggest it is ... and I'm not talking the audience score either.
Friedkin would be rolling in his grave if he somehow ever saw this "sequel" to his original movie, as it's a real shocker alright.
It doesn't hold a candle to the orignal, even though they have tried to put new twists in this one ... pardon the deliberate puns, which you would have to see the movie to get ... but please don't waste your money like I did yesterday.
I only saw it because I would have been stuck in peak hour traffic on my trip back to Logan City from Brisbane, and this movie was playing in about a half hours' time after I came out of seeing 'The Creator', so I grabbed some sushi next door for dinner and bought another movie ticket at the cinema while I was there.
I had also listened to a 'Troubled Minds' podcast about the "Fear Economy" that morning, where they discuss the orignal Exorcist movie, while I was doing some housework, so you could say the demiurge made me see it ... to put it in Gnostic terms;-)
Those coming horror movies to the cinema couldn't be any worse than
 'The Exorcist: Believer', but they look just as bad.
My lunch at the cinema yesterday
 which I was thankful for;-)
Thank God We Don't Have Thanksgiving in Australia ... Yet?-)

UPDATE: Friday October 13th, 2023
SHWEP Episode 176: Plato Latinus
The SHWEP is getting interesting now.

UPDATE: October 14th, 2023
Part 3 dropped today (Australian time, that is).

No comments:

Post a Comment