Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 26, 2023

There is No Moon Street in West End?πŸŒπŸŒˆπŸš—

While reading Trent Dalton's new book 'Lola in the Mirror', where a number of real-life Brisbane locations are mentioned in the book, the main location the action centers around is a street which does not really exist in real-life ... a street called Moon Street down by the Brisbane River.
Lola in the Mirror in the Year of the [Water] Rabbit?πŸ°πŸ‘€
I thought that maybe this was a new street that wasn't around when I was a kid visiting my Nan, who lived down by the river across the road from a petro-chemical plant, which like her house, is no longer there anymore.
But all I could find on the net when looking for
"Moon Street" at West End was the 'Museum of the Moon', t
he first in a series of three awe-inspiring large-scale installations by Luke Jerram at West Village.
An event which took place in 2022, which I never knew about either.
Which is a shame, as I would have liked to have attended that event and seen that artificial moon all lit up at night in West End.
Pink Floyd’s The Dark Side of the Moon
Planetarium
Experience
But one event which did come out of my search for the mythical "Moon Street" at West End was 'The Dark Side of the Moon Planetarium Experience' which is on now in Brisbane.
Another event which I was not aware of happening in my hometown, but at least I haven't missed it yet.
The Art of Reading and Synchronicity? πŸ“–πŸ“šπŸŽ¨πŸŽ­
'Lola in the Mirror' is a visual experience like a walk through an art gallery is, and a lot would be missed by just listening to the story being read to you like on sites like Audible.

UPDATE: October 27th, 2023
Trent Dalton: Lola in the Mirror
Trent tells what inspired him to write his latest book in the podcast above.

No comments:

Post a Comment