Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 29, 2018

The BrizVegas Bohdi Tree?

A beam of sunlight appears to hit
the
Bohdi Tree outside GOMA
I wrote a post a while back about a Bohdi tree in my hometown of Brisbane that was a direct linage to the original tree in the Indian state of Bihar where Siddhartha Gautama, the founder of Buddhism is said to have achieved enlightenment -
A Hike Through the Black Forest and Hitting the Turps?
I thought I had never noticed the tree written about in the GOMA magazine before, until last Friday when I was visiting GOMA and decided to look for this Bohdi tree.
It turns out I had walked past the tree quite a few times before when I have visited GOMA, but never took any real notice of the plain looking tree near the entrance, always choosing to look at the motel sign instead.
Flame Tree near the Gallery of 
Modern Art 
(GOMA) in Brisbane
A Sign from a 'Working Class Man'?
The other trees around GOMA always got my eyes attention, but never the Bohdi tree until last Friday, when I knew what it was and where it had come from.
The funny thing also was that on Friday I had read this passage in Mark Anthony's book, 'Evidence of Eternity' about the Buddha sitting under the Bodhisattva tree.
I finished reading 'Evidence of Eternity' on Friday and started reading Gordon White's 'The Chaos Protocols' the same day and as I'm reading the introduction to Gordon's book I see this passage, which reminds me of the tree and the resort/motel sign outside GOMA"You may be aware that the term samsara refers to the continuous circle of incarnations through the various worlds for those that have not yet reached enlightenment.
It's original etymology means "perpetual wandering".
Like visitors through a museum, we wander from gallery to gallery."
"A new method of dealing with perpetual wandering is required in a world where there still may be even the slightest hope that you can accomplish great things with your incarnation."
The last resort?-)
 "Magic is always the tactic of the last resort for those who refuse to give up hope ...
It is only a certain kind of person who is willing to take the road we are about to walk.
This book is written for that person."
""Last resort" is just another way of saying "last drinks".
Even if this is the apocalypse, that is no call to avoid making things interesting.
The above attitude notwithstanding, there really is no way to sugarcoat this.
We do live in a "last resort" world.
I think I see in more ways than one what Mark and Gordon were writing about:-)
The BrizVegas Bohdi Tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment