Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 6, 2020

What's with the Paddle Ball in Music Clips and Movies??

I noticed fair a bit of traffic the last few days to this post I wrote at the beginning of the year about a song being played at the beginning of the year to bring in the New Year -
Red Pill Junkie in UFO
It's a catchy little tune that stars my old Mexican mate the
"Red Pill Junkie" who would often comment along with me at the "Owl Guy"'s blog.
I always felt like an unwanted outsider at Mike's blog, but I kind of think between me and Red Pill that our frequent comments were often what kept Mike motivated to keep going.
Anyway, that's where I ran into the Red Pill.
I don't know what drew me to keep reading Mike's blog for so long, because me and Mike are like chalk and cheese.
I think if it wasn't for Red Pill and his comments I would have thrown the towel in a lot earlier with Mike than I did.
UFOs weren't my thing back then, but the owl obsession of Mike's kept me coming back, because on some deep level I knew he was slowly heading down the right path.
Having written that, I have no idea what the right path is at this stage, but I feel that we are both walking it on a subconscious level.
Not that I'm into owls anymore than I'm into UFOs or UAPs or whatever the current PC BS term is right now.
Can you tell that I'm not one for PC terms?-)
I'm an Australien, need I say more?-)
Anyway, enough of Mike and his flippin' owl/UFO blog for now.
Maybe Red Pill can enlighten me as to why the makers of the 'Sneaky Sound System' UFO video started off with the dorky kid batting off in front of the motel?
I know that you haven't commented lately here, but I do know that you are reading my blog from time to time Red Pill.
Was it a reference to the 3-D world we are living in and to the UFO occupants what-ever D world they are coming from?-)
Like when the maker's of the original 'House of Wax' movie used a paddle ball to demonstrate the 3-D effect?
You don't have to answer that in the comment section RP, if you don't want to, as I doubt if you really know anyway.
I've never watched the whole movie version of the 1953 movie
'House of Wax', but I can remember on my trips to Warner Bros. Movie-world on the Gold Coast how the paddle-ball section of that movie was used in the 3-D theatre to demonstrate the 3-D effect.
"House of Wax was the first color 3-D feature from a major American studio and premiered two days after the Columbia Pictures film Man in the Dark, the first major-studio black-and-white 3-D feature. It was the first 3-D movie with stereophonic sound to be presented in a regular theater. 
"Paddle balls have been depicted in several motion pictures.
In an early demonstration of 3-D effects, the carnival barker in House of Wax is shown doing tricks with a paddle ball to gain the attention of potential customers.
In the movie The Misfits Marilyn Monroe is depicted provocatively whacking a paddle ball while wearing a polka-dot dress in a Reno saloon.
 In Blazing Saddles, Mel Brooks (in his cameo as the cross-eyed governor) and Harvey Korman use a paddle ball to great comedic effect.
Korman's character performs tricks with relative ease and hands the paddle to Brooks, who can barely manage one hit.
This was a deliberate anachronism, as the paddle ball would not be invented for fifty years after the film was (mostly) set.
In the Pixar/Disney animated movie WALL E there is a brief scene in a montage where the robot loses control of a paddle ball and is struck repeatedly in the head.
The paddle ball winds up in the "Don't Keep" pile.
And in The Paramount Pictures film Sonic the Hedgehog (film), Sonic is seen with a paddle-ball, making fast hits before ditching the game."
I'm almost tempted to go see 'Sonic the Hedgehog' now ... almost.
I have to say that Jake Kotze runs rings around Mike Clelland when it comes to synchronicity and synchromysticism, but it's not a race is it Mike?
And you certainly didn't ask for this did you ... or did you ... remember?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment