Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 16, 2020

Day of the Book Smugglers (Lithuania)?

This news story above I find a very worrying idea where school libraries are ditching books for digital information centres.
I was also watching the movie 'Inferno' on Netflix on March 14th (3/14 Pi Day) and saw the scenes below where Robert (Tom Hanks) needs to look at a particular book and Sienna (Felicity Jones) pulls out her phone and says that she just Googles it.
Oops! Wrong movie:-)
It might seem convenient now to "Google" a book, but would you trust a company like Google to run libraries in cyberspace, while binning the old school books?
Not me.
I don't know anyone in Lithuania,
or where it really is
(before today)
And synchronistically as I'm writing this post up I noticed while checking my stats that I have a reader to my blog from Lithuania and that today (March 16th) is
'Day of the Book Smugglers' in Lithuania.
"Book smuggler Jurgis Bielinis, who created a secret distribution network for banned Lithuanian books, was born on 16 March 1846, and this date is commemorated in Lithuania as the Day of the Book Smugglers (KnygneΕ‘io diena)."
Lithuania Marks 30 Years Since Split That Doomed Soviet Empire
Don't trust the iCloud with books I say.
And long live the Book Smugglers.
Cheers.
Reconnecting to The Source?

No comments:

Post a Comment