Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 24, 2020

"Queenslanders have been advised to “stay in your state, stay in your suburb” but by-elections and council elections will still go ahead."?!

The state currently has 259 confirmed cases,
the latest
38 added on Sunday
16 Cronulla Court?-)
NRL Premiers 2016?-)
The polling booth was located in Cronulla Court,
which I was happy about:-)
In Australia where I live voting is compulsory in federal, state and local council elections, and this week we have to vote, or be fined for not voting.
So today I went to an early polling both, which wasn't in my suburb, but was the only place I could vote near my home.
Paradoxically, the Queensland Premier (pictured at the top of this post) told us Queenslanders to stay home in our suburb, but at the same time wants us to vote by the end of this week, or be fined.
I decided to venture out of my suburb and across the freeway into the next suburb to vote early, so I didn't have to venture out on Saturday to the local school to vote with a heap of people, when technically the virus should have multiplied a fair bit by then.
Walking up Cronulla Court to the polling booth
There wasn't much chance of catching the virus at the polling booth, as "social distancing" was in practice with plenty of hand sanitizer on hand, and crosses marked on the floor for the right distance to stand from the person in front.
Plus I took my own pencil to mark my ballot papers, rather than risk using the ones supplied at the booth.
I thought it was hilarious that the street the polling booths were in was named Cronulla Court, which just happens to be the name of my favourite NRL football team, not to mention the
Australian Prime-minister's favourite team also:-)
To you readers outside of Australia, my team ain't real popular up here in Queensland, and our ex-captain pictured above is loathed by a lot of Queenslanders for some reason.
I don't know why I think
the
domino looks like dice?-)
I ducked into a shop to get my brother a birthday card for tomorrow and thought I would take home a vegan pepperoni Domino's pizza from the shop next door.
I paid $13 for the pizza and then they told me they were out of vegan pepperoni, so I had to get a vegan ham and pineapple pizza, which turned out to be the worst looking pizza I had ever bought from a chain like this.
Luckily it tasted better than it looked.
Apparently the virus can last for 24 hours on cardboard, and that pizza kind of looked like a corona-virus artwork rendered on cardboard.
I should have realized that paying $13 for a pizza was going to end up being a pisser:-)
"Taking the Piss" is Just Part and Parcel of Christmas Presents?
From the memoir 'Heart and Soul' 
#13: Just Part and Parcel of Synchronicity?
We just don't know
when we will be back
Then when I was driving home with my pizza I heard on my car radio that the NRL season was over only after the second round of games:-(
Sync ... But Don't Swim?

UPDATE: March 24th, 2020
Paul Gallen stood down in NRL halt
Just when I thought it was safe not to buy more toilet paper, this year just keeps getting shittier and shittier.
And still more crappy news if you like watching A-League soccer.
Domino?
A-League season suspended due to coronavirus pandemic, joins AFL, NRL in closing doors

No comments:

Post a Comment