Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 11, 2020

'He Will Live Up in the Sky' in the iCloud?

I purchased the iBook 'He Will Live Up in the Sky' from Amazon to read on my iPad through Kindle recently, because I couldn't buy the paperback version through Amazon with me living in Australia.
I hate reading Kindle books when I can read a paperback version of the book instead, and it never feels to me like I own the Kindle version of the book I just purchased, because it's not like I can lend it out to a friend, sell the book on after I've read it, or give it away to a secondhand bookstore.
'He Will Live Up in the Sky' is a book named after the title of a book written by a character in the book, and yesterday I had to laugh when I listened to the latest 'Conversations' podcast called -
Devices and democracy: will Big Tech control us?
And then read the sections of the iBook pictured above that basically warned of the same thing the podcast was talking about.
There was a section of the iBook about a panopticon, which is a type of institutional building and a system of control designed by the English philosopher and social theorist Jeremy Bentham in the 18th century.As well as the mention of the book
'The Report From Iron Mountain', a book published in 1967 (during the Johnson Administration) by Dial Press which puts itself forth as the report of a government panel.
"The book includes the claim it was authored by a Special Study Group of fifteen men whose identities were to remain secret and that it was not intended to be made public.
It details the analyses of a government panel which concludes that war, or a credible substitute for war, is necessary if governments are to maintain power.
The book was a New York Times bestseller and has been translated into fifteen languages. 
Controversy still swirls over whether the book was a satiric hoax about think-tank logic and writing style or the product of a secret government panel.
The document is a favorite among conspiracy theorists, who reject the statement made in 1972 by satirist Leonard Lewin that the book was a spoof and that he was its author."
Ironically, you can buy 'The Report From Iron Mountain' on Amazon if you like ... for now anyway:-)
Funny thing was I clicked on a link to a You Tube from the Wikipedia page about the Iron Mountain Report and found this in the screenshot below.
Which is what I tend to expect to find these days when clicking on an old You Tube link.
Let's hope my Kindle copy of  'He Will Live Up in the Sky' lives a lot longer in the iCloud than most You Tubes do.
And it's a good book/iBook too, as I finished reading it yesterday.
A little pulp fiction can be good food for thought now and again -
Heaven or Vegas: The Unfinished Pyramid is Lyra?
Nothing in This Book/Film/Story/Magazine/Theory is True, But It's Exactly How Things Are ... or Are THEY?
The Darkest Web?

No comments:

Post a Comment