Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

March 5, 2020

#13: Just Part and Parcel of Synchronicity?

From the memoir 'Heart and Soul' 
On Monday I was trying to finish reading a book I was given at Christmas by my youngest son about the sporting achievements of one of my footballing heroes Paul Gallen.
My son was paying for my movie ticket at the cinema to see
'The Invisible Man' and I was driving us to the cinema that afternoon.
The Invisible Man?
I still had about 80 pages to read by the time my son showed up on Monday, and while I have since finished reading the book, I'll have to give it to him next time we meet.
The thing was on Monday I had a bit of housework to do where trying to read a paperback wasn't practical, so I was listening to podcasts on my iPad while working around my home and would sit down and read the book during breaks in-between jobs.
Now here is the kicker.
Paul's football jersey number was 13 and I was re-listening to the latest 'The DMT Xperience' podcast, which just happened to be the 13th episode -
The DMT Xperience podcast Episode 13: Justin & Paul (Dreaming Jaguars)
Dreaming Jaguars?
In that podcast at around the 1:30 minute mark, the American host tries to use the term "part and parcel", but says "part parcel" instead, and then starts laughing as to what that term even means.
I've used the term occasionally, but didn't really know what it meant, but I guess it meant being part of the overall parcel of whatever you happened to be referring to.
I looked the term "part and parcel" up, so I would know just what it really did mean, and then I pick up my book and start reading it again only to come across the term on page 181 in Paul's book.
That chapter was about being drug tested (not for psychedelics though:-) for illegal and banned substances in the NRL.
I then started listening to the latest 'The Unexplained' podcast that had dropped onto my iPad and was surprised to hear an e-mail read out from a listener named Colin and his wife Liz about the number 13 being both lucky and unlucky for them throughout their life.
The Unexplained Podcast: Edition 433 - Diane Tessman
Personally, I don't see any number as particularly lucky or unlucky, even though my father passed away on September 13th, 2016, weeks before Paul Gallen with #13 on his back would hold the NRL grand final trophy victoriously above his head after the match as the winning club captain that year, in the first week of October.
And I would be there to shake hands with Paul on his victory lap around ANZ Stadium in Sydney.
Me and my youngest son at the 2016 NRL grand final
 The listener's e-mail at the start of 'The Unexplained' podcast told of meeting his wife on April 13th, 2002 and then of losing his daughter to meningitis when she was 13 years-old.
Colin then goes on to write that the only day he could get in the church for the funeral was a Friday the 13th and that the song his daughter wanted played was 'Murder on the Dance Floor'.
Personally I've always disliked that song right from the get go, because I hate how Sophie pronounces the word "dance" like some posh chick.
Being an Australian I'm used to hearing "dance" pronounced "dants".
But years later when I heard Hanabeth Luke tell me at a book signing and talk that 'Murder on the Dance Floor' was the last full song played before the Bali bomb went off, it creeps me out to hear that song being played.
The bomb apparently went off when Eminem's 'Without Me' was playing.
Hanabeth told us in the audience some very strange things that happened before and after the bombings, such as dreams she and her boyfriend had before the night, and strange things that happened after the bombings, like clocks stopping back in England and other spooky things, which the publishers preferred not to be put in the book.
Still, that book is a well worth a read I think.
There definitely is more to life and death, as I'm sure Hanabeth would tell you.
Life is strange, but when your number is up, it's up ... no matter what that number is.
The pain never leaves, says survivor
It's probably the living who are haunted by the numbers of the dead more.
The Game of Life ... and God?
There is a Friday the 13th coming up this month, by the way.
But I'm hoping to be here still to celebrate St. Patrick's Day ... and Jake Kotze's birthday on the 17th ... with a few cans of Guinness:-)
Unknown Things?

No comments:

Post a Comment