Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

April 6, 2018

What's "The Secret" Rhonda Byrne?

I was reading through the last three 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine's "Top 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People" lists (2016, 2017, 2018) and saw that Rhonda Byrne consistently made the list, making it as high as #8 two years in a row.
Her consistent high rankings in this list the last three years had me scratching my head (as do a lot of other people on this list), because the only thing I could think of that Rhonda had done in a spiritual sense was to harp on about "The Secret" and the "Law of Attraction".
I'll let the editor of the 'Mind Body Spirit' magazine explain how someone qualifies for the list in the You Tube video below, if you don't know already.
What I found most interesting about Rhonda Byrne was that she made a documentary in 1997 called'Oz Encounters: UFO's in Australia'.
I looked up Rhonda's UFO movie on You Tube last night hoping to watch it, but at first got fooled by another Rhonda Byrne who had her own You Tube channel and "UFO" video.
This other Rhonda Byrne looked like she was a bit of a prankster, as she had uploaded a recent You Tube video titled 'Orbs Easter Sunday'.
April Fools' Day/Easter Sunday?
Easter Sunday fell on April 1st, which was also April Fools' Day this year and she had uploaded that video on March 31st, 2018, so she really must be magical;-)
But I did find the 'OZ encounters' video and watched it last night.
That's it just below.
I liked it much better than 'The Secret' and it was kind of a trip back to my childhood and teenage years when I remembered seeing a lot of these encounters on the local TV news and newspapers.
Now there is a secret that would be worth knowing about, I think. 
I've read the book and seen the film 'The Secret' years ago, but I wasn't that impressed by "The Secret".
To me it was just more "Chicken Soup for the Soul" type stuff.
Which is great if you like chicken soup stories, while the authors set their sights on caviar and champagne for their soul.
But beggars can't be choosers though, unless you use "The Secret" to bring better things than chicken soup to your table and stop resisting, right?
I guess just because someone tells you a secret doesn't mean it is true.
Not to say that there aren't some half-truths in the telling of "The Secret", but it's far from the whole truth when it comes to the secret of life.
Well, I think so anyway.
But what would a bum like me, who doesn't even eat chicken soup know about "The Secret", right?
I find alphabet soup way more satisfying for my soul, because I can cast spells with it and my own imagination.
Or let the spirits talk to me at the dinner table, like I'm using a liquid Ouija board.
"Waiter, I think there is a fly in my soup?"
That gives me an idea, a hybrid alphabet/chicken soup for the soul.
Too bad that I'm on a vegetarian diet, I guess.
I wonder if anyone has thought about making alphabet lentil soup yet?-)
Anyway, back to reading those "Top 100 Most Spiritually Influential Living People" lists and see if I can find someone on those lists that really does know "The Secret".

No comments:

Post a Comment