Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

July 8, 2023

What is Gnosticism: Looking for Chris[t] Gnosis?-)💩💭

I recently watched the Great Courses lecture series 'Gnosticism: From Nag Hammadi to the Gospel of Judas', because I'm sick of hearing amateur sleuths (well maybe Patreon funded sleuths) and disgruntled former Christians admiring the "Gnostics", as if they weren't even bigger nutbags than modern day Fundies.
Professor David Brakke, Ph.D., M.Div.
I thought David Brakke, Ph.D., M.Div. did a good job, if not a tedious job, of explaining what "Gnosticism" is all about ... or not about.
So, I did a search in Apple Podcasts for any podcast shows David Brakke had been on explaining his take on "Gnosticism".
"God said to Abraham, KILL me a son" and the Psychedelic Apocalypse?
And look whose podcast show David turns up on in July, 2021 ... 
Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio
While Miguel Conner, the host of Aeon Byte does go on about "Gnosticism" and the "Archons" a little too much for my liking, at least he doesn't seem to take himself too seriously in his quest for "Gnosis", like his mate Chris Knowles of 'The Secret Sun' cult does lately.
There was even a joke about looking for "Joe Gnosis" in that podcast and I couldn't help thinking it would be funnier looking for Chris Know[le]sis, who thinks he is the Nic Cage character from the movie 'Knowing', by his own (sarcastic?) admission.
Nic Cage was born in 1964, but still in the Year of the Rabbit, just missing out being a Dragon.
But it was Earl Fontainelle I was impressed with on that free part of the Aeon Byte episode about Gnosticism and I decided to go right back to the start of Earl's podcasts and work my way through to the now -
In Dreams?!😴💤🛌

No comments:

Post a Comment