Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 17, 2021

Warning Signs Ahead?

Mount Warning/Wollumbin
I've climbed this mountain a few times in my life, and while I get the fact that this ancient volcanic plug is scared to local indigenous beliefs, I personally don't share those same beliefs ... as much as I try to respect those beliefs ... within reason.
Apart from the fact I've climbed it a number of times, I still treat the mountain with respect when I do climb it.
While I except the decision not to climb Uluru, it becomes a very slippery slope indeed when it comes to which mountains throughout Australia us non-indigenous folk should and should not be allowed to climb.
Kind of rules most of the mountains and hills of Australia out for climbing I would imagine.     
The girls climbing Wollumbin in the movie 'Mental'
And I have to wonder if one of my favourite Aussie movies 'Mental' gets thrown on the PC culture's scrapheap of cancel culture?
Not that it's up there in Australian cinema blockbusters like 'Crocodile Dundee', but I'm sure if you went over that movie that there would be something for the PC warriors to object to, and cancel it. 
And Paul did do a homage to that "bit rape-y" classic musical 'Grease' in his last film:-)
Twitter has found something new to be outraged about?
Mind you I can think of another classic musical that seems a "bit rape-y" to me (not that I would call for it not to be screened on TV like a winey little PC hypocrite) when put under a PC microscope.
I'd imagine a movie like 'The Rocky Horror Picture Show' would have given someone like Whitley Strieber nightmares for the rest of his life thinking aliens like that might be in the neighbourhood, while on the subject of "bit rape-y" movies;-)
I don't have a problem with either of those "bit rape-y" films, not that either are my cup of tea, but I'm sick to death of PC warriors who think they can tell me and others what I should be allowed to watch or be ashamed of watching.
Here's a "bit rape-y" suggestion to you PC warriors, "go f#ck yourselves".
When I was growing up, most people could think for themselves when watching a movie and didn't take things as seriously as PC warriors do today.
I'm glad I grew up in the time that I did, then I knew the world wasn't perfect, but had no illusions that I could ever make a perfect world from it, either.
The future looks mental to me, and good luck to you PC warriors as you try to straight jacket it to your way of thinking.
Human nature being what it is and all ... and I don't mean "a bit rape-y", either :-(/:-)
People need to get off their computers and get out more I think ... while they can:-)
Cheers:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment