Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 10, 2021

Unable to Even Touch Elbows with Darren Hanlon During Lock-down in My Town?

Is that a bat flying over the theatre?-)
The Majestic Theatre,
Pomona,
Queensland
There is a three-day 'stay at home'
order for Brisbane
:-(
In a bizarre twist of fate and probably with too much time on my hands (and hopefully no corona-virus;-) from being in a three day lock-down in my hometown of Brisbane (well just outside of it, but still in the same lock-down) I was listening to Darren Hanlon You Tubes playing one after another while I'm working on a post about a play hopefully opening in our town at the end of the month called 'Our Town' and starring Libby Munro.
The last play I saw Libby in was 'Disgaced'.
I had never heard of this play 'Our Town' before and had to look it up on the net and watch an old 1977 version on You Tube of it starring Hal Holbrook as the stage manager/narrator/God?
The play 'Our Town' is -
"Thornton Wilder's classic play on Grover's Corners, a fictional small town and its story taking place between 1901 and 1913, dealing with themes as life, death and the everyday routine of its many residents, all followed and detailed by the Stage Manager."
Although, now I may as well just combine the two posts here, since they touch on the same theme of "our town" in lock-down:-)/:-(
And just when I thought it was safe to go back to the theatre, too:-)
Don't count those tears just yet Libby:-(
EI8HT and Grounded?
Happy New Ears ... But It's Still the Year of the Rat Until February 12th:-)
At the End of My 2020 Calendars ... What Now?
Does that S in BRISBANE look
like
a tear-drop to you?-)
Can I have people at my house?
Darren's music has really hit home, as I'm forced to stay a home this weekend - 
Darren Hanlon and "A Descant for Gossips"
Ironically, I just gave away my copy of 'A Descant for Gossips' and my Dr. Manhattan action figure to a book exchange on Bribie Island on my last visit -
It's Not the Number of Moments That Make Up Life ...?
Maybe I'll be able to see 'Our Town' in our town next month if I'm still not in lock-down?
Being a Disgruntled Tourist in My Hometown?
And I wonder if there is a stage play version of
'A Descant for Gossips' that the QTC could put on in the future?
Dead End Drive-in 2021?

No comments:

Post a Comment