Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 17, 2021

The C Words?

Justin Theroux and Carrie Coon in The Leftovers
I couldn't help but smile when I was doing a search on IMDB for actors born on the 24th of January and discovered that an actress named Carrie COON was the #1 actor searched for who had that birth-date.
Coon rebrands as ‘Cheer’ cheese in the wake of racism claims?
And no, I wasn't going to start a campaign to have Carrie change her potentially offensive surname to Cheer, I was looking up
Allison DuBois' and Neil Diamond's birthdays, since I was reading in Allison's book 'Talk to Me' that she shares January 24th as a birthday with the singer.
I always thought that COON cheese was named after the guy who invented the cooning process for cheese, but no, it turns out to be a racial slur directed at indigenous Australians apparently, because that's the way you got your cheese to sell to racist Australians and everybody else back in those days, right?-)
Are you joking me mate?
If a black actor wore white face would that be considered racist?
What BS!
Let's ban every word in the dictionary that can be used as a euphemism and see how many words are left ... and I don't mean left in a political sense either, right?-)

No comments:

Post a Comment