Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 28, 2021

Bin Chickens and Crow Butterflies?

A crow butterfly appearing on an Australia Day get together 
A flock of ibis invading my sister's yard on Australia Day
When arriving early for a family BBQ at my sister's place on Australia Day she told me to go outside and have a look at the new fence, but to mind the chickens roaming around the backyard.
I went back into the kitchen and jokingly said,
"what the bin chickens?"
A couple of bin chickens having a feed in my sister's yard
My sister was surprised to hear that there were ibis in the backyard, telling me that was the first time she had seen any ibis around those parts.
What Are We Going to Do About the Ibis?
One of the birds even left me a souvenir to take home to put on my bookshelf along with my crow and pelican feathers.
Thoth, Writing, Books, Magazines and SubSCRIPTions?
But if the ibis showing up on the day and dropping me a feather wasn't freaky enough for me, a crow butterfly flew past me while I was sitting on the back deck drinking a beer, so I decided to get up and try to get a few pictures of it.
I followed the crow butterfly as it flew around the parameter of the pool area at my walking pace hoping for it to land on something so I could get a decent photo of it.
I rarely see these butterflies on a day to day basis and am amazed that nearly every time we get together for a family gathering a crow butterfly turns up and puts on a show for me, no matter where the gathering is being held.
Ah oh, looks like I have some explaining to do after this:-)
After what seemed forever the buttery finally landed for a still shot
But not for long, and it flew off for the final time over the roof of the house
It's hard for me not to think that dad isn't controlling these butterflies like some kind of drone to send a message the way these creatures act on the visits.
You'd just have to be there I guess to know what it feels like when you get these strange butterfly visits. 
There is an intelligence greater than what the butterfly possesses at work here for sure, whatever that intelligence is ... and is trying to convey.
At times like these I feel more plugged into the world and it's surroundings ... but not in that artificial Matrix simulation type of plug-in that IT nerds go on about living in.
Poinciana tree at sunset on Australia Day
The poinciana tree at my sister's new place is probably even more spectacular than the poinciana tree at our old place where my dad's ashes were scatted years ago when we owned the place.
'Australian Christmas Tree' by Frieda Hughes 
Frieda Hughes and the Shamanic Spirit of Art?
Growing Up Medium from the 4th of July?

No comments:

Post a Comment