Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

January 27, 2021

Growing Up Medium from the 4th of July?

The latest 'The Dead Life' podcast episode dropped onto my Apple Podcast list last night, which was at the end of Australia Day (January 26th) here on this side of the planet.
Australia Day is kind of like the USA's 4th of July holiday, only more controversial and divisive with our holiday being held on January 26th every year.
The Mandala Effect?
Personally, I don't care what day we "celebrate" Australia Day on, as I'm certainly not celebrating an invasion day, I'm celebrating the love of the country I was born in and grew up in and my love of living here, like Americans do in their country on the 4th of July.
My pick for a date change would be May 8 (Mate:-), because I'm sick of the politics from both sides of the fence.
It should be a day of celebration for black, white, red, yellow ... or whatever skin colour Aussie you are, on a neutral date where we can all celebrate the love of the country we all live in.
Younger generations
likely
to bring change?
On the subject of July 4th and generations coming together, I read in one of Allison's books that her youngest daughter Sophia was born on the 4th of July:-)
Oddly enough, when I was looking for a video of Bruce Springsteen singing 'Independence Day' I found one on his You Tube channel uploaded on the 3rd year anniversary of my father's passing.
Spooky considering me an Bruce share September 23rd as a birthday, as well.
That song always brought a tear to my eye, but it brings a few more now.
... gone tomorrow?
Where I was up to in 'Talk to Me' before the BBQ yesterday
After my butterfly encounter yesterday and after listening to the latest 'The Dead Life' podcast, I picked up the Allison DuBois book 'Talk to Me' that I was reading and saw I was up to page 96, where the words "LIVE YOUR LIFE NOW" stood out in the middle of the page and at the end of that sub-chapter Allison had written, 
"We can't always see the big picture of why life's details have to be the way they are, but there's always a beautiful answer off in the distance.
I take the time to watch the wind blow past the tree branches and through leaves like nature's high-speed traffic.
And ironically, after hearing Allison talk to her youngest daughter (who is now 21) in that latest podcast, Allison writes right at the end of that sub-chapter, "I'm a mother who gets headaches when her kids fight, but I take it in and recognize that I will miss it one day, miss their being small."
I notice in the podcast that Allison and Sophia are into astrology and I was wondering what they both think about Chinese astrology and the 12 year cycles?
2008-2020: Don't Give Up on the Cosmic Cycle?-)
Listening to Allison and Sophia discuss the the lady who died in a car accident spirit was eerie considering some a#sehole in a stolen car made headlines by killing three innocent bystanders who were out on Australia Day just walking their dog.
I've driven down that same road many times in my lifetime, but next time I drive down that road that news story will haunt my thoughts.
Incidents like that really do make me wonder about "the bigger picture"?
Burgers, Missing Loved Ones, Holidays, Movies ... and Would You Like Minimum Fries or Hot Chips with That?
Allison DuBois was born on January 24th, too
The C Words?
I guess that I don't have to ask Chris Hemsworth what his views are on climbing Mt.Warning/Wollumbin?-)
GQ: Chris Hemsworth On Being Thor And Living In LA:It’s Suffocating And You Stop Becoming A Person
The official video uploaded on July 4th?
Uluru: The Dead Life/Heart?
Ray Meagher as Dud Edmonds in
'
The Chant of Jimmy Blacksmith'
Ray Meagher was born
on
July 4th?!
All the World is a Stage... Coach?

UPDATE: January 28th, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment