Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 13, 2018

What Window Are We Going To Go Through Today?

I was walking up my internal stairs a few days ago and got the feeling that I was being watched, a feeling I haven't had before and with good reason, because unless someone is standing on my roof or the roof across the road chances are nobody can look though my internal staircase window.
I turned around when I reached the top of the stairs and sure enough there was a kookaburra sitting on top of the lamppost outside my window looking in. 
I walked into my bedroom to grab my cell phone camera and could see the bird's head following my movement as I walked.
As I was watching the bird through my rectangular window I had a flash-back to my youth when watching the television show 'Play School' where they would pick a window to take you through on an adventure, sort of like going through a portal, or more like a port hole, if they chose the round window ... which I think was my favourite window.
What your favourite play school windows say about you
Then I remembered the little kingfisher that nearly killed itself by trying to fly through my window one morning and was largely responsible for me starting to write this blog, something I thought I would never do.
The Bird that Flew into the Window
Animal Dreaming (Kingfisher) 
I've never seen a kingfisher again since that day, but kookaburras are terrestrial tree kingfishers of the genus Dacelo native to Australia.
Listening to a podcast this morning featuring Julia Cameron, she said, "nature is a portal to the divine" and I just had to find a picture of birds with the sun in the background and put her quote on it, as it struck me as quite profound in hindsight.
Inspire Nation and Re-filling Your Inner Trout Pond?
The nature of art is divine and so is synchronicity, don't you think?
Well, if you don't then maybe you look through the square window a bit too much:-)

UPDATE: October 15th, 2018
Looks like I've got myself a little stalker.
I went for a trip to the loo this morning, looked out the rectangular window again at the falling rain outside and there on the lamppost was the kookaburra once more.
I guess you just gotta laugh about it when you are being stalked by a kookaburra:-)

1 comment:

  1. Kookaburra brings healing energy...love the playschool reference :)

    ReplyDelete