Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 30, 2022

Frankenstein and The Big Chill?πŸ₯Ά

The Big Chill is a movie which turns 40 years old next year in 2023 the Year of the Rabbit.
Frankenstein (2004 miniseries)
The Big Chill stars William Hurt who passed away this year and who also starred in the 2004 Hallmark version of the Frankenstein tale, which I just watched on 7plus, as I'm reading Mary Shelley's 1818 novel right now, and apparently this movie/series is the closest adaption to the novel, not like Kenneth's 1994 version, or so I heard through the grapevine:-)
How to Read and Watch Frankenstein from a 2022 Perspective?πŸŽ₯πŸ“–πŸŽ¬
I couldn't help thinking how the monster's father (Victor Frankenstein) has the same initials (VF) as a famous magazine and novel (Vanity Fair):-)
Although they both came out after Mary's novel had hit the newsstands/bookstores -
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
So hopefully I'll finish reading Frankenstein before I die;-)
I have the DVD of
'The Big Chill' still, so I won't have to pay to hire it, or watch it on free streaming TV services that bombard you with advertising you can't skip over, like 7plus does.
So many books, movies and podcasts to get through before I die, I guess;-)
What's that saying, "if you want to make God laugh, tell God your plans"?-)
Now, where was I up to in Mary's book?
I might have to watch 'Mary Shelley' again, now?
I see it's on SBS On Demand ... for free ... with commercials though.
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley and Herstory?πŸ“–
Ironically, the next book in my '1001 books You Have to Read Before You Die' book to read that I have on my bedside table still to finish reading is 'Moby Dick' and William Hurt stars in a 2011 Moby Dick TV miniseries as Captain Ahab:-)
This is one book I just have to finish reading before I die, too:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment