Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 19, 2022

Dodi Fayed and Allied Stars?🌟🎬🌠

I never knew that Dodi Fayed was a film producer until I had watched season 5 of 'The Crown' and they recreated the beach scene from the movie 'Chariots of Fire' with his father looking on.
Remembering the Gunpowder Plot from a 2022 Perspective?πŸŽ†πŸ”₯πŸ§¨πŸš’
The Crown
"The Scarlet Letter is a 1995 American romantic drama western film directed by Roland JoffΓ©. "Freely" adapted from Nathaniel Hawthorne's 1850 novel of the same name, it stars Demi Moore, Gary Oldman, and Robert Duvall. The film met with overwhelmingly negative reviews. It was nominated for seven Golden Raspberry Awards, winning "Worst Remake or Sequel", and has garnered a legacy as one of the worst films ever made."
"Through his family's production company, Allied Stars, Fayed was an executive producer of the films Chariots of Fire, Breaking Glass, F/X, F/X2, Hook, and The Scarlet Letter."
'Breaking Glass' starring Jonathan Pryce as Ken
I thought it was an interesting coincidence that Jonathan Pryce who plays Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh in season 5 of 'The Crown' also played Ken in Allied Stars' first produced movie 'Breaking Glass'.
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' 
The funny thing is before watching season 5 of 'The Crown' I was thinking of watching the 1995 movie 
The Scarlet Letter so I wouldn't have to read the book.
But I read the reviews telling me how bad it was and that it wasn't faithful to the book, so I didn't bother.
Now after reading just how dreadful the film is considered, and being from the Allied Stars stable of movies I'm interested in seeing just how bad it is for myself ... not that I have read, or probably will read the book in the future ... but who knows in this ironic world we live And die in?
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸš«

No comments:

Post a Comment