Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 15, 2022

🎀Poe Was the Rockstar Writer of the 1800s?πŸ‘»

I just read
Edgar Allan Poe's "book" (which was just a short story in a book full of Poe's stories and poems) 'The Fall of the House of Usher' as it's one of the 1001 books I'm told I must read before I die, and I actually own a book with that short story in it -
Oliver Twist: No More Books to Read Please, Sir?πŸ²πŸ“šπŸ˜‹
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' 
'Working Class Man' 
I couldn't help thinking how Poe is said to have married his 13-year-old cousin, which made me think how the late Jerry Lee Lewis is said to have done the same thing with his own 13-year-old cousin.
RIP Jerry Lee Lewis?🐯
After hearing how Poe might have drunk himself into a coma and death, I couldn't help thinking of the last book I read about Jimmy Barnes and his self-destructive behaviour as a rock star - 
Bedtime History: Inspirational Stories for Kids and Families?!
The Sleepy Bookshelf Podcast:
The Fall of the House of Usher
 
I tried to listen to podcasts about Poe before going to bed, but would fall asleep, oddly enough:-)
The Fall of the House of Usher
I also tried seeing if there were any movie
/TV versions to watch that I wouldn't have to pay extra money to watch, but alas, no such luck ... and I ain't paying $5 to see movies like that one above, which probably isn't faithful to the short story knowing Hollywood & Co.
Maybe next year I'll be able to watch a new filmed version of the short story on Netflix -
"On October 6, 2021 it was announced that Intrepid Pictures will create an eight episode limited series titled The Fall of the House of Usher for Netflix that will be based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. Mike Flanagan and Michael Fimognari will each direct four episodes and executive produce the series."
I guess I'll just have to live long enough to see it ... and maybe cut back on my drinking?-)
As well as keep reading as many books as I can before I die:-)
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' 
I had better finish reading 'Frankenstein' before I start on Poe's '
The Pit and the Pendulum' if I want to try and keep things in chronological order as far as these 1001 books go:-)
Frankenstein
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸš«

No comments:

Post a Comment