Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 10, 2022

The Hunchback of Notre Dame Starring Lon Chaney Turns 100 in 2023 the Year of the Rabbit?πŸ‡πŸ°

I watched the
1923 movie 'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' the other night, not realizing the movie is nearly 100 years old.
I only watched this movie because I was looking for a modern movie which told the tale, while staying loyal to Victor Hugo's novel, which I figured would save me from reading the book -
1001 Books I Must Read Before I Die ... Including the Banned Ones?πŸ“šπŸ“–πŸš«
1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
Victor Hugo's 1831 novel is one of the 1001 books you have to read before you die, and I'm yet to read it.
I find it rather synchromystic that the book was published in 1831 in the Year of the Rabbit and that the 1923 movie tuns 100 in 2023, which is also the Year of the Rabbit>:-)
Not to mention that Lon Cheney was born on April 1st (April Fool's Day) and the movie starts off with the crowning of the hunchback as king of the Festival of Fools:-)
Leslie Phillips (1924–2022)
Starring Richard E.Grant
and Leslie Phillips?!
He Who Gets Slapped (1924)
The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
I might just have to read Hugo's book now that I have watched Lon's 1923 movie on Amazon Prime (it should be free to watch somewhere on You Tube I guess if you don't have AP) and listened to the above 'Book-Bosomed' podcast, which I notice was posted on Groundhog Day in 2022:-)
Year of the Groundhog Tiger?
Patsy Ruth Miller (19041995) died on July 16th
Released on July 16th, 1999?
July 16th seemed to be a date Stanley Kubrick favoured for releasing movies, especially his last one in the Year of the Rabbit 1999, the year he also died>;-)
The first Matrix movie was released in 1999 also.
According to the entry about Hugo's book in my '1001 Books ...' book, the French word for FATE is written on one of Notre Dame's walls in the novel.
Ceremonial bells?
I couldn't help but think of the chapter in 'The Tao of Craft' about ceremonial bells while I was watching 
'The Hunchback of Notre Dame' and the part bells are supposed to play in a lot of world religions to either ward off evil spirits or call in the heavenly help and guidance.
I also couldn't help but think of the Yin and Yang of the Tao while watching this movie, with the good guy dressed in white and his brother and the other bad guys dressed in dark colours.
And the gargoyles on the Cathedral made me think how Benebell uses one on her altar in the You Tube I watched the other day (below).
I like the irony of a movie made from a book about a hunchback who was never real ringing bells in a church dedicated to an historical figure who may not be very real or ever existed either;-)
Still, we all like a good story no matter how real it is, I guess.
Faith, Hope and Fish on Fridays?🎣⛪
I'm told the book doesn't end as happily as the movie does though.
Not that the
1923 movie has a 1996 Disney movie ending either:-(
The End
Falling Down ... and Apart ... as We Head For 2023?πŸ‚

No comments:

Post a Comment