Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 14, 2022

Transformation: Butterfly of the Night and Blood Moons?πŸ¦‹πŸŒ‰

I've always liked
the moth as a symbol of transformation, so I thought it was weird timing that as I was reading Jimmy Barnes book 'Working Class Man' where he writes how he transformed his life and I couldn't help seeing all the moth references as I'm reading his book and thinking of the moth as a symbol of transformation that a BBC Forum podcasts drops onto my iPad on Nov 11 about the moth being the butterfly of the night:-)
Not to mention just having witnessed a Blood Moon a few nights before -
Blood Moon Over Brisbane?πŸŒ’πŸŒ‘πŸŒ•
Blood Moon (Cold Chisel album)
It was when Jimmy wrote in his book about climbing up a 40 foot wall of amplifiers in a concert in America and a moth flew into his mouth when he went to sing from up there and he ended up vomiting it out onto the guy below who had given him a boost up the wall of speakers:-)
From then on, I couldn't get the thought out of my head of the moth being a symbol of transformation in Jimmy's story, especially when he kept referring to himself as a lunatic, as moths are attracted by moonlight (but probably not red moonlight), and later when I heard the BBC show about moths was called 'Moths: the story of the butterfly of the night' I thought what a good metaphor for Jimmy's rock career and life?

No comments:

Post a Comment