Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 23, 2022

A Spirited 2022 Christmas ... and Twitter?!πŸŽ„πŸŽ

Ryan Reynolds as CLINT Briggs:-)
Looks funny when you spell CLINT with capitals?
I watched the more or less 2-hour
SNL skit of a Christmas movie on Apple TV starring Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell called 'Spirited', which is another spin on Charles Dickens' story 'A Christmas Carol' where the Reynolds' CEO character is the modern-day Scrooge, while Ferrell plays the old Scrooge/Ghost of Christmas present[s;-] trying to show the modern CEO the era of his ways.
A Very Crabby Christmas (Island) and a New Scrooge for 2022?πŸ¦€πŸŽ„
The social network’s staff has shrunk to a fraction of
its size since
Elon Musk took over at the end of October
But the funniest thing in the movie to me was when the Ghost of Christmas Past takes Ryan's CEO character back to when Twitter was taking off in the last century and he was advising his then friends how Twitter was the next big thing heading their way to change the way they communicate with the world:-)
Screenshot from Apple TV's 2022 'Spirited':-)
But I'll bet the makers of 'Spirited' didn't see old Scrooge Elon Musk taking over the iconic company and sacking so many staff before Christmas 2022?-)
Ryan Reynolds
It's nearly time to put the Christmas tree up too, you old CLINT:-)
I've been listening to free audio books/podcasts and watching movies/TV shows based on Charles Dickens' stories, so that I don't have to sit down and actually read the books to get what the basic storyline is.
This movie turns 100 in 2022
I have to say that having some Jewish family history
 myself that listening to 'Oliver Twist' being read in its original form grates on my nerves when I hear over and over again Fagin being referred to as "The Jew" pretty much all the time his character is mentioned in the story.
That aside, the story is rather interesting to consider the times and living conditions it was set in.
From '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die' 
I'm listening to 'David Copperfield' now being read on an Apple Podcast and have read that this story is a disguised autobiography by Dickens, which I find a more interesting story than OT.
But out of the books I have listened to of Dickens, I still like 'A Christmas Carol' the best, so far.
Oliver Twist: No More Books to Read Please, Sir?πŸ²πŸ“šπŸ˜‹

No comments:

Post a Comment