Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 12, 2022

Remembering the Gunpowder Plot from a 2022 Perspective?πŸŽ†πŸ”₯πŸ§¨πŸš’

I listened to a number of podcasts about the November 5th gunpowder plot last week, never really knowing what Guy Fawke's Night was really all about ... and I still don't to be honest.
But it's curious to think what the world today would be like if the plot had have succeeded.
Would the world today be a better place or a much darker place?
One recent podcast episode about the Gunpowder Plot I listened to was from a podcast called 'The Amish Inquisition' ironically enough:-)
 Episode 255: Gunpowder, Treason and Plot
The Amish Inquisition Podcast
I remember Australians used to celebrate this night when I was a kid growing up in the late 60s. until fireworks were banned here for the general public ... pretty much because little bastards like me and my mates would do very stupid things with the fireworks we could buy freely in shops, like fire them at each other in war games:-)
What countries celebrate Guy Fawkes Night?
I don't have a horse in any Christian religious race, having been baptized in the Anglican Church (Church of England back then), but never going to church and only learning about that religion through having to go to Religious Instruction classes in primary school, as my parents weren't into religion.
My Nana on my father's side of the family was very Roman Catholic though I wouldn't say staunch in her belief and would impart her belief on me in many ways throughout my youth.
I converted to and became a Liberal Catholic (but not a Roman Catholic) as a late teenager and as much as I like the ritual of communion and do believe in "God" to me Jesus was (and still is to me) a mythological archetype at best in my mind.
I'm more of a Buddhist than a Christian or Jew in my religious belief, as I believe in reincarnation and not the bonfires of hell.
SYMHC Classics: Gunpowder Plot
I find it astonishing when so called religious people can't get along with each other and probably never will.
And I found that above SYMHC podcast when I was searching for podcasts about Bram Stoker's Dracula.
The Hunger and Bram Stoker's Dracula?πŸ§›πŸ‘½

UPDATE: November 16th, 2022
I finished binge-watching season 5 of 'The Crown' last night and was surprised to see episode 8 was titled 'Gunpowder' and was all about Lady Di's controversial interview recorded on Nov 5th and aired on the BBC on November 20th, which was the Queens wedding anniversary (mine was the 19th, by the way ... that's when I was married, now I'm divorced, too):-)

No comments:

Post a Comment