Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

November 28, 2022

Dickens and Christmas: The Founder of the Feast? πŸ¦ƒπŸ—πŸŽ„πŸ·πŸŸπŸ”πŸ»

Listening to and watching the stories about Charles Dickens and his life at this time of year makes me all sentimental for Christmas feasts of the past and hopefully of Christmas feasts still to come, not that the feasts I have ever attended have been anything that elaborate to write home about as far as Aussie or western world Christmas feasts go.
On the subject of feasts, I'm off to the cinema with my youngest son (who is in his late 20s) to grab a burger and a beer tonight before seeing 'The Menu' (I've read the spoilers before seeing it, but I don't think my son has:-), which my eldest son tells me is worth seeing.
I watched 'The Northman' on Amazon Prime last night, which has Anya Taylor-Joy as the common denominator between the two movies.
And hey, nearly half (or more?) of my DNA is Scandinavian;-)
We don't get snow at Christmastime here in Australia, but it's surprising how many families sit down for a winter feast in the middle of summer.
Old habits die hard, I guess?-)
But I usually just drink beer/stout and eat prawns and seafood on Christmas Day, while other family members have a hot Christmas dinner/lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment