Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 17, 2024

Opening PANDORA's Box?๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿช”๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿฆ ๐Ÿ†

Recently just before the 2024 AFL grand final, the batteries in my Brisbane Lions watch stopped and I had to take it to my local jeweler to have the battery replaced.
When I texted the news to my youngest son who had given me the watch as a joint Christmas present with his older brother, he dropped the news on me that he was selling his apartment and wanted to know if I would let him rent out my spare room.
I told him could have it, but I'm not charging him rent and to just to buy his own food.
I've been living by myself for the last 10 years, so this was going to be a big adjustment for me.
I guess you could say that by turning 60 in a few weeks from when the watch stopped and my son asking to move in with me a cycle of my life had come to a close in more ways than one?
The Hermit?๐Ÿก๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿ™ƒ๐Ÿฆ
The Devil Card of the Lumina Tarot Deck is a Bison/Bull?๐Ÿ‘บ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿค ๐Ÿƒ
When I showed the jeweler my watch, he told me that he knew what the problem was straight away, it was because it wasn't an Adelaide Crows watch:-)
We had a laugh, and then started talking AFL, and then he told me if I wait five minutes he'll duck into the backroom and fix it for me.
As I was waiting at the front counter, I was watching the TV that was going in the shop, and an advert came on for PANDORA Halloween trinkets and one of the trinkets was a moth and I thought to myself, why the moth?
When I got home from the jewelers with my Lions watch ticking again, I put "PANDORA+moth" into a search bar and found out that there is a Pandora moth.
The World Card of the Lumina deck
To me the funny thing was that I had just completed reading about the major arcana cards in my Lumina Tarot deck and The World Card is represented with a death's-head moth:-)
That card in the tarot deck guidebook is meant to represent "completion: the beginning and ending at once"
And the strange thing is after reading about The World Card in the Lumina deck and its meaning, I noticed that a weird looking moth that I have never seen before around my home (or since) had landed on the outside of my internal staircase window:-)
It's not a Pandora moth, or Death's-heads moth, and I have no idea what kind of moth (or whether it is a moth) it is, but it'll do me as a "synchromystic" representation of both for now:-)
Anyway, cut to the case, the
Brisbane Lions win the 2024 grand final in the year I turn 60, so I decide to go and get a Brisbane Lions tattoo on my left forearm to mark both occasions in my life and there on the couch of the tattoo parlour waiting room is a cushion for sale with a death's head bee/wasp? 
So, I bought it and took it home for my ARMchair;-)
And ironically, our
Brisbane Lions AFLW side (and current AFLW champions) beat the Adelaide Crows the day after the Brisbane Lions AFL side won the GF:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment