Synchromysticism

" Synchromysticism:
The art of realizing meaningful coincidence in the seemingly mundane with mystical or esoteric significance."

- Jake Kotze

October 5, 2024

Joker: Folie ร  Deux ... The Joke is on You and Me Dear Cinema Goer ... If You Went to See This Film for Entertainment? ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽค๐Ÿคก๐ŸŽฌ

I went to see
'Joker 2' yesterday afternoon on 'World Smile Day' and did not come out with a smile on my face at all.
It turned out to be a big shaving cream pie to the movie going public's face.
A real clown show by nothing but a bunch of sad clowns:-(
๐Ÿคก๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ’ฉ
But I guess with Lady Gaga in this film, reviewing the film is like telling people not to look at a car crash, but they feel they have to look to see just how bad it is, until they wish they hadn't:-)
If my old mate Chris Knowles at 'The Secret Sun' wants to put his money on a Hollywood blockbuster to fail (which he usually likes to do, but unsuccessfully the majority of the time), well here's the tip from me, right now;-)
Knowles Sinks Again with His Secret Sun Box Office Projections?๐ŸŒŠ๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฌ๐Ÿ˜Ž
It's 'World Smile Day' Today?๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿคก๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿฆ
I came out thinking was this film just one big bad joke by Todd Phillips and JP?
Because as musicals/comedies go, this film was one big misstep, I think.
The songs aren't even original, and the movie is far from entertainment or a fun time for me. 
I haven't been so bored at the cinema since seeing the 'Twister' sequel in the exact same cinema I saw this movie in yesterday -
Seeing 'Fly Me to the Moon' on July 20th (Moon Day)?๐Ÿš€๐ŸŒ๐Ÿ˜ผ
I could have seen 'Speak No Evil' a film I haven't yet seen, or even gone and seen 'Deadpool 3' again, where I know I would have come out with a smile on my face again, rather than have wasted my money and time on a joke like 'Joker 2':-)
'Joker 2' is almost the exact opposite to a musical like 2002's 'Chicago' as far as entertainment goes, but while alluding to the same theme as a courtroom farce as public entertainment.
All the world may be a stage, but some plays/movies really suck, right Todd?-)
There were even nods to 'The Trail of the Chicago 7' in 
'Joker 2' and to that anarchist clown Abbie Hoffman, who wrote that f#cked up book 'Steal This Book' -
Steal This Book/Movie/Podcast ... Whatever?
'Smile 2' couldn't be any worse than 'Joker 2' I reckon:-)
I wonder what Charlie would think of films like 'Joker 2' and these modern times we are living in?-)
That's Chaplin I mean, not that clown Manson:-)
The world seems like nothing but a clown show right now.
But at least there are still good stage plays, musicals, art and films to be seen and enjoyed with family and friends ... just not 'Joker 2':-)
All the World is a Stage, a Game ... and Love Stories?๐Ÿ’Œ๐Ÿ’•๐ŸŽญ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ†๐ŸคŸ

No comments:

Post a Comment